The cost of a garage door can vary depending on several factors, such as the size, material, design, and features. However, some of the most expensive parts of a garage door include:
- Garage door opener: The garage door opener is the motorized device that opens and closes the garage door. Depending on the type and features, a garage door opener can cost several hundred to over a thousand dollars.
- Springs: The springs are an essential part of the garage door’s opening and closing mechanism. High-quality springs can last longer, but they can also cost more. The cost of springs can range from around $90 to over $400 per spring.
- Panels: The panels make up the largest portion of the garage door and can be quite costly. The price of panels varies depending on the material and design, but they can range from several hundred to several thousand dollars.
- Tracks and rollers: The tracks and rollers are the components that guide the garage door as it opens and closes. High-quality tracks and rollers can increase the longevity of the door but can also be expensive. The cost of tracks and rollers can range from around $90 to over $250 per set.
- Insulation: If you want your garage door to be insulated, it can add to the cost. Insulated garage doors are generally more expensive than non-insulated doors because they require additional materials and labor.
It’s worth noting that the installation costs of a garage door can also add up quickly, especially if you hire a professional.